The long awaited expansion for World of Warcraft, Mists of Pandaria, now has a release date. Eager players will be able to get their hands on the expansion both in physical and digital form on September 25th for $39.99 (£34.99), for both PC and Mac. Folks who decide to download the game digitally can do so through Blizzard’s World of Warcraft website. There is also a Collector’s Edition available for Mists of Pandaria that will be available at retail for $79.99 with a Digital Deluxe option priced at $59.99.
The Digital Deluxe version will include the following:
- A full digital copy of the expansion
- World of Warcraft In-Game Mount: Take to the skies of Azeroth astride the mystical Imperial Quilen flying mount.
- World of Warcraft In-Game Pet: Journey across Pandaria with the Lucky Quilen Cub at your side.
- StarCraft® II Battle.net® Portraits: Bring the Horde and Alliance rivalry to the far reaches of the Koprulu sector with exclusive Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar Battle.net portraits.
- Diablo® III Banner Sigil and Accent: Display your status as a hero of Pandaria with the iconic markings of World of Warcraft’s newest playable race, the pandaren.
The Collector’s Edition will include the following:
- All the in-game content from the Digital Deluxe version
- Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-Ray: Learn about the creation of Pandaria with this two-disc set featuring over an hour of commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
- Collector’s Edition Soundtrack CD: Experience 20 orchestral pieces from Mists of Pandaria.
- The Art of Mists of Pandaria Book: Explore this 208-page hardcover tome featuring never-before-seen pieces from the expansion, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.
- Chen Stormstout Mouse Pad: Equip your desk with this special-edition mouse pad featuring the legendary pandaren brewmaster.
To get current players and potential newcomers excited for the latest expansion CEO and Co-Founder of Blizzard Entertainment, Mike Morhaime had this to say:
“Mists of Pandaria contains the biggest variety of new content we’ve ever created for a World of Warcraft expansion, with features that will appeal to new players, veterans, and everyone in between,”
That is it for now, but stay tuned for more Mists of Pandaria news here at HeyUGuys Gaming.