On Thursday 24th May the streets of the picturesque Oxfordshire village of Kingston Bagpuize will be deserted as nearly the entire population will be in Leicester Square to see the fruition of a dream: the premiere of Tortoise in Love and we have two tickets to giveaway to one lucky HeyUGuys reader! Tortoise in Love is a charming and genuinely funny romantic comedy which has been specially selected to have a Premiere in the newly re-opened Leicester Square and will form part of the events to mark the occasion! In the year of the Queen’s Jubilee this is a true celebration of British creativity, community spirit and something everyone in Kingston Bagpuize is rightly proud of and you could be there to celebrate this!
Tom, gardener at the big house, is not a fast mover with women. In fact he’s glacially slow. When beautiful Polish au pair Anya arrives for the summer, Tom falls for her catastrophically like the felling of one of the giant trees he cares for in the manicured grounds. Tom’s adviser in matters of the heart is young Harry, abandoned by the rich owners of the house to run wild in the gardens. Harry’s secret wish is for the Red Arrows to appear at the village fair: Tom’s is to win the heart of Anya. Both seem impossible dreams until the whole village decides to lend a hand.
Thick snow covered the little Oxfordshire village of Kingston Bagpuize when local writer Guy Browning decided the village should make a film. Almost four hundred villagers volunteered to make the film happen and the village rapidly became the unlikely setting for one of the freshest and funniest films of the last few years.
The entire cast and crew stayed with villagers, the Women’s Institute organised catering on a vast scale and props, driving, costumes, make-up and a thousand other logistical tasks were all undertaken by a highly organised and frighteningly motivated army of villagers.
Tortoise in Love is out in cinemas on July 13th.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the following question using the form below:
Question: Where is the premiere of Tortoise in Love being held?
- Leicester Square
- Soho Square
- Trafalgar Square
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED
Terms and Conditions
- Competition will close at 4pm on Tuesday 22nd May
- Open to UK participants only
- The prize is TICKETS ONLY – no travel or accommodation is included
- Prize for the one winner is 1 pair of tickets to the Premiere of Tortoise in Love. This will take place at Leicester Square on Thursday 24th May and will commence at approx. 7pm. Inability to attend on this date forfeits the prize and a new winner will be selected
- Failure to respond to notification of winning the prize by 4pm on Wednesday 23rd May forfeits the prize and another winner will be selected
- In the unlikely event the premiere is cancelled, the prize is void
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions
- Winners will be picked at random and contacted by the site. The prize will be delivered to the winner on the day of the event at a designated meeting point near the entrance
- Winners under the age of 15 MUST be accompanied by an adult
- The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into