What with Euro2012, Wimbledon and very soon the big Games in London, sporting excellence is enjoying a major – and very international – moment this summer. And it’s brilliant, not just because it inspires us all to be just that bit more active, but also because it feeds into a worldwide celebration of culture, language and diversity.
Of course, cinema does this too, which is why we’ve joined up with ESL – Language Travel to offer one reader a unique set of foreign language films (with subtitles!). The 10 films on offer have been chosen by ESL’s in-country managers, who are based around the world. With inclusions such as Il Postino (Italy, 1994), As It Is In Heaven (Sweden, 2004) and Chance (Panama, 2009), many of these personal recommendations might not feature on your average ‘top 10’ list. But they do present the perfect opportunity to expand your horizons, brush up on your language skills and enjoy some really beautiful cinematography.
To enter, follow as many of the steps below as you want to – and leave a comment in our comments section below saying you have done so.
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED
Each method – and comment – counts as a separate entry (so if you do them all, you have five chances to win!).
- Method #1 – Tweet this exact phrase: “I’d love to win @esllanguagesuk’s foreign language films giveaway via @HeyUGuys. Click here http://bit.ly/LJ1Npl” Then leave a comment saying you have done it, along with your Twitter name.
- Method #2 – Follow ESL – Language Travel on Twitter (@esllanguagesuk) and leave a comment to say you have done so.
- Method #3 – If you’re on Google+, Click the ‘g+1’ button at the top of this post. Then leave a comment to say you have done so.
- Method #4 – Click the ‘Like’ button at the top of this post to like this competition on Facebook. Then leave a comment to say you have done so.
- Method #5 – Follow us on Twitter (@HeyUGuys). Then leave a comment to say you have done so.
Other Competitions Currently Running on HeyUGuys
The small print:
- Open to UK residents only
- The competition will close 30th July at 23.59 GMT
- The winner will be picked at random from entries received
- No cash alternative is available
The usual T&Cs can be found here. Good Luck!