According to Vulture, J.J. Abrams has officially cast two people to be in his upcoming super secret film, Super 8.
Who are the two people you ask? Well, it’s 12 year old Elle Fanning from The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Kyle Chandler from Friday Night Lights. Fanning can be seen in the trailer for The Nutcracker we posted yesterday and takes a leading role in Sofia Coppola’s Golden Lion winner Somewhere.
There is no word on who they will be playing but Chandler supposedly has landed a lead role while nothing has been let loose on Elle.
For those that don’t know much about Super 8 I’ve provided a bit of information below, along with a trailer, to bring you up to speed.
- It is written and directed by JJ Abrams.
- The film takes place in 1979.
- It is being produced by Abrams, Bryan Park and Steven Spielberg
- It will be released in May 2011 as an Amblin Entertainment release
- The film will begin principal photography in the Fall of 2010.
- The budget for the film is in the range of $45 million-$50 million.
- The release date could be May 27, 2011.
- HeatVision stated that the movie could possibly be about ”a group of kids in 1979 are playing around making movies with their Super 8 cameras (as Abrams and Spielberg did as kids) and accidentally capture something … sinister, on film.”