Has it really been a quarter of a century since I went down to Southend Pier and first clapped eyes on Street Fighter II in the dingy arcades?
Well, apparently so as Capcom have decided to releases a whopping great collectors set to celebrate this milestone. Which also happens to coincide with it being the year of the dragon and all.
So, what do you get for the hefty £95.00 ($150) price tag? Quite a lot actually, check out the details below.
- Past and Present Street Fighter Games – Playable on current gen PS3 and Xbox 360 console systems, the four critically acclaimed titles selected from the star-studded catalog are: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC, and Street Fighter X Tekken including all character and Swap Costume DLC.
- Exclusive Video – The two-disc Blu-Ray set includes a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans – and vice versa – throughout the years. The collection of videos also includes Street FighterIV and Super Street FighterIVAnime movies as well as all episodes of the Street Fighter animated series and Street FighterII: The Animated Movie.
- Light-up Ryu Statue – A specially commissioned and highly-detailed collectable Ryu statue stands prominently at 8” tall and features the iconic character in mid-Shoryuken, with flames lit from below.
- 11-Disc Soundtrack – Street Fighter game music spanning the past 25 years, in addition to remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter games .
- 64-page Hardcover Art Book – A tribute to Street Fighter game fans from all over the world, the art book includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
- Ryu’s Belt – Created to regulation specs, the full-size martial arts black belt is a replica of the one Ryu wears and even includes his classic “Fūrinkazan” in kanji!
- Certificate of Authenticity – Each Collector’s Set comes individually numbered complete with a certificate of authenticity.
What else could Capcom possible give you if you are a Street Fighter fan? A tournament of course, with around $500, 000 worth of cash prizes. So best warm up those thumbs and get practising. Below you will find the dates for the various tournaments
• July 28-29 in Austin, TX
• August 11-12 in the NY area (location pending)
• August 26 in Taipei, Taiwan (location pending)
• Mid-September in the Tokyo Region, Japan (date and location pending)
• September 27-30 in London, England (in conjunction with Eurogamer Expo)
• October 13-14 in Sao Paulo, Brazil (in conjunction with Brazil Game Show)
• October 27-28 in Los Angeles, CA
• October 31 – November 4 in Paris, France (in conjunction with Paris Games Week)
• December 8 Finals in San Francisco, CA
And finally Capcom will be launching a special Street Fighter II 25th anniversary website where fans can share their SF stories and keep up to date on the tournament.